Hey! It is difficult to say a few words about yourself. But let’s try. I am the founder-owner of Shrivedant Foundation (www.shrivedant.com) in India, Kenya and the United Kingdom. The foundation aims to bring forth the pearls of wisdom from ancient Vedic scriptures. My team could manage to collect more than 45000 pages of various scriptures under one portal http://www.hinduscriptures.com and published a book series called Hindu Culture and Lifestyle.
After securing a couple of Diplomas and Degrees (master’s and Post-Graduate) in International Business, Management, Marketing, Internet Technology and Financial markets, I felt they are useful only for employment and to survive corporate jobs. Hence had to lay my hands on various work profiles while working with the family in their businesses. After studying almost all the theories of management in the management school, I wanted more. A typical nerd on the university campus, I started studying more about Indian scriptures during the weekends till the librarian would come and request me to leave the library so that he can go home. The first book in this series was Chanakya’s Arthashastra which lead to many more books, research papers, meetings with many representatives of Hindu culture and religion etc. But my insatiable desire for knowledge didn’t end there. It is when I decided to fulfil the huge gap between the seeker of authentic knowledge and the scriptures in the world. This gave me the idea of combining my knowledge of technology, management, and a keen interest in research and presenting them as www.hinduscriptures.com.
It has been eighteen years that I have been collecting the articles, research papers and content for the site. Our team comprises geeks, researchers, scholars, writers, social media professionals, designers and techies who help us to sail through.
After building a Shiv Temple in Kenya with my husband, I moved on to fulfil my dream of promoting vegetarianism in Africa, hence launching the Kenya Vegetarian Club. www.kenyavegclub.com. My passion for saving the environment and nurturing nature is taking shape slowly through the Club. Our team reached out to farmers, women and youth to empower them in the field of agriculture and organic farming. Please go for tree planting wherever possible, donate some seeds to poor farmers and ensure not to bargain with them while buying any such product. You may find clues on how and why to do it in my book called – The Veg Safari. So far, we have donated more than 75000 trees, saplings and seeds to the women farmers who will make living out of them. We focused on the trees of Muringa as there is a huge demand for them for various medicines.
The website actually changed my life, lifestyle, thinking pattern, approach, ambition, endeavours, circle of people around me, friends, and emotions and made me a much stronger person than I am today. It didn’t end here, it has added a few more virtues too and made me ambitious, focused, more responsible towards the society, empathetic and more sensitive. Eventually sharing the real knowledge of Vedic scriptures is the aim of life. I am ready to go to any length to fulfil this goal till the last breath of life.
This endeavour led me to compile the details about the Indian lifestyle into the study material and self-help books. Hence published the book series Hindu Culture and Lifestyle in three parts. The book series is available on amazon.com, amazon.in, amazon.UK and flipcart.com.
- Conduct seminars, interviews and workshops for NRIs, Corporate, Religious institutes, individuals, temples and any other cross cultured communities
- Interview series of Vedic scholars on FB page hinduscriptures.com
- Travel worldwide to spread the message of Hindu culture and its benefits through authentic scripture based knowledge
- Continuing with research in the field of Vedic lifestyle
- Column – Yada Yada hi Dharmasya- in the newspaper Janmabhoomi – A Gujarati Newspaper in Mumbai, covering the topics of Bhagwad Geeta
- Write on the personal blog regularly – http://www.vaishalishah.com
Awards and Accolades:
- Nav Rattan Award in Delhi by NRI Welfare Society 2016
- Hind Rattan Award by NRI Welfare society in Delhi 2017
- Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Sanman in the house of Lords in London in 2016
- Authentication certificate for the content of the website and course material from Deccan College of Pune, India
- Appreciation letters for the website http://www.hinduscriptures.com by eminent personalities like Shri Narendra Modiji – Prime Minister of India, Smt Anandiben Patel – Ex. Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Vijay Rupani ji- Ex-Chief Minister of Gujarat, Swami Avimukteshwaranandji – head of Shankaracharya Math – Uttarakhand, Pujya Bhaishree Shri Rameshbhai Oza – Porbandar, Shri Morari Bapu – Mumbai, Bhaishree Bhupendra Bhai Pandya – Mumbai, Swami Shri Dayanandji – Arsha Vidya Mandir – Rishikesh, Swami Shri Atmanandji – Dwarka, Swami Satyanand Girji – Mahant of Akhada, Amarnathananda – Bharat Sevashatram Sangha-USA, Shri Dwarkesh Lalji Mahoday Shree – Ahmadabad, Shri Vrajkumar Mahodayshri, Shri Pratik Patil – Ex-Minister of India, Shri Ashok Singhal ji – Political Leader, Swami Shitaldas Seva Trust, Pujya Rakeshbhai – Shrimad Rajchandra, Shri Mahant Swamiji – BAPS – Gujarat, Mahant Shri Satyamindranandji – Haridwar, Smt. Kalpana Rawal – Chief Justice of Kenya, Prof. Chandrama Pandey ji – Dean of Banaras Hindu University – Kashi, Jitu Vaghani – ex-chief of BJP Gujarat etc.
- Various certificates from Kenyan bodies for contribution to uplift the locals as well as various Indian communities
- Honorary Doctorate in Social Sciences from the Young Scientist University of America
- The Great Indian Women Award 2021 in Delhi
- Udgam Women Achiever Award 2020 in Ahmedabad
- Social Activist Award and Naari Tu Narayani by Global Educators Fraternity in Mumbai 2022
- TEQ Literary Awards 2022 in Ahmadabad by Rotary Club and Ahmadabad Book Club for the books – Hindu Culture and Lifestyle
- India Dynamic Awards in Delhi 2022 for the website http://www.hinduscriptures.com by Sutra Events
- Most Inspiring Woman on the Earth 2022 by Women Empowerment Board of Swarna Bharat Parivaar & International Council for Educators by International Internship University (IIU) – Delhi
- Dharma Dubey Award by Inspiring Indian Women (IIW) in London was given on 23rd May 2022 at House of Lords – British Parliament for the community service
- Aesthetics International Chamber for Indian Authors – conferred an award for the book-series Hindu Culture and Lifestyle on 15th May 2022 in Meerut, India.
- Commonwealth Innovation and Forum awarded her for the community services on 1st June 2021 during an online event operated from Delhi.
Organisations – Served / Serving
- Hindu Council of Kenya – Kisumu Branch – Vice Chairperson – 5 years
- Sanatan Hindu Union – Committee Member- 5 years
- Indo African Chamber of Commerce – Advisory committee -Serving
- Asian – African Chamber of Commerce & Industry Foundation (AACCI) – Advisory Committee – Serving
- Heavenly Culture – World Peace – Restoration of Light (HWPL) South Korea – Representing Hindu forum
- Course on Bhagwad Geeta from Chinmaya Mission – Nairobi – Kenya
- Course on Bhagwad Geeta, Hinduism, Yoga, Vedanta, Three Upanishada from The Oxford Center for Hindu Studies – Oxford – UK
- 200 hours of teachers’ training course from The Yoga Institute – Mumbai – India
- Ayurvedic Diet and Nutrition Course from Arogyam Institute – Jalandhar – Punjab – India
- Bhakti Shastri Degree from the Iskcon in Nairobi (few papers left to submit)
- Three Vipassana camps under the guidance of Shri Goenka ji
- Art of Living – Learned Sudarshan Kriya
- Written hundreds of articles for the website under the guidance of various gurus
- Currently researching various topics from the scriptures to develop courses for the adults on Hinduism
Media Channels covered her profile
- Chitrelekha – Mumbai- Spl Dipawali edition
- Gujarat Samachar – published in London – Personal Interview
- Profiles – a magazine in Kenya – Personal Interview
- Asian Weekly – Kenya – multiple articles on various projects for years
- Midday Gujarati in Mumbai – Personal Interview