I went to a presentation of Shakha – HSS Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh yesterday. It was quite interesting to know that Kenya is the first country outside india. It started in 1947 while few karyakarta were coming to Mombasa on a ship in a month long journey.
From that group it has grown to having presence in almost all sides of Kenya. The journey has been fantastic so far. Thousands of young kids got trained over the period of seventy years old journey in Kenya.
It teaches the discipline, self control, importance of mother land india, it’s contribution to the knowledge journey.
This is the only organisation which has survived around 90 years in more than 60 countries across the world.
It was a pleasure meeting Shri Chandra Kant ji from UK who is the Pracharak of Shakha.
We often take people around us for granted in many ways. While I was in school, I never used to judge anyone thinking it is not a right thing to do. Which never stopped me to associate with negative minded, very dull people and unambitious people.
Generally these kind of people give you a comfort zone which you don’t need or you don’t want. Because of that we don’t think of being innovative, progressive and go extra miles.
I strongly feel that having a comfortable life makes us too lazy and less aggressive. Very few can achieve something greater inspite of having this comfort zone. This is the biggest challenge for today’s generation as they have everything on their plate and don’t know what is required to achieve. But let me put some target to them as well as to myself.
– There are one billion people on this earth who sleep hungry for days.
– Mother Nature is bleeding due to thousands of unnecessary plastic products and new so-called innovations. We need to find solution on how to reduce this burden
– The oceans are filled with plastics and other wastes which is ruining the ecology and the species beneath that
– Youth is getting attracted towards all the unlawful activities. We are supporting terrorism by supporting such ideology, products, oil etc.
– all of a sudden we have started consuming meat a lot compare to last century. Which adds to animal cruelty
– The life threatening diseases have grown to ten time more than early last century. We think we have found solutions to many such issues. We have added new illnesses
Let’s accept this challenge and work towards it. Our next generation is going to be busy cleaning up the mess we and our parents have created in last hundred years on the name of progress and innovations